- Handle all accounts of the Hong Kong Branch such as accounts receivable, accounts payable and others;
- Deal with membership fees; and
- Liaise with IFE(HQ) for Branch account matters.
Professional Institutions Liaison Committee
- Liaise with other relevant professional institutions/bodies for achieving reciprocal recognition of qualifications in order to uplift the professional status of the Institution; and
- Liaise closely with Membership Committee for follow up action, if necessary.
- Provide information on membership matters and process membership applications;
- Handle members’ enquiries and consultations regarding membership affairs including eligibility for transfer of membership grades that are often of common concern, and assist the members to solve such related problems;
- Liaise with other relevant professional institutions/bodies with excellent standing and explore channels to achieve mutual recognition of membership qualifications in order to uplift the professional status of the Institution;
- Assist qualified members to apply for registration with the UK Engineering Council as Chartered Engineers (CEng) through the Institution’s UK Engineering Council Division (ECD), and co-ordinate with the Division on related matters; and
- Review and recommend revision / modification of membership regulations and qualifications to IFE(UK) when necessary for obtaining their prior approval to make the changes in order to get improvement and keep up the on-going progress of the Institution’s operation.
Professional Development Committee
- Promote fire engineering education for members and the community at large;
- Give assistance and advice on the administration and management of the Fire Engineering programmes;
- Represent the Branch in its interaction with educational institutions and organizations on matters concerning programmes and courses in fire engineering; and
- Maintain close liaison with involved institutions/organizations and students of the fire engineering courses or programmes for improvement of programmes/courses.
General Activities Committee
- Organize social activities; and
- Maintain close liaison with the Fire Services Department and other sister institutions and professional bodies.
- Organize educational and technical visits and seminars;
- Liaise with Headquarters, UK on validation of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities;
- Maintain close liaison with technical advisors; and
- Organize other activities to enhance professional status of members.
Webmaster Working Group
- Oversee the administration and management of the Branch website;
- Ensure the security and up-dating of the website;
- Maintain close liaison with the Committee Chairmen, website contractor and web hosting service provider for the above purposes; and
- Liaise with overseas and local organizations and bodies on maintaining cyber links and communications.
- Maintain technical and engineering competency of the Branch;
- Represent the Branch to join external technical committees or technical groups as such FSSAG and Ventilation Group;
- Provide technical input to any external invitations for comments on technical documents;
- Form special task groups to deal with technical issues when necessary; and
- Assist Technical Activities Committee.
- Serve as a formal link between Branch member and the Board of Directors via International General Assembly;
- Represent the Branch at International General Assembly Meetings / Workshops;
- Forward concerns from a Branch / member’s perspective on Institutional policies, advance questions on programme matters or raise fire engineering concerns deemed to require Institution action at the corporate level; and
- In conjunction with other IGAs, consider agenda items and decide on appropriate action(s) and direct the International General Assembly secretariat to record same.